Sunday, January 12, 2014

Getting Caught Up

So, since I started this blog 2 weeks into the year, I'll give you a run-through of everything that has happened to date.


JAN 1-

     I took a 3 hour long car ride back to Augusta from the N.C. Mountains, and don't get to do any heavy birding in my county on the first day of the year. I arrive home around 4:30 P.M. and do see a GBH and a Great Egret in our neighborhood pond.

COUNTY YEARLIST-    2


JAN 2-

  Another boring day where I can't get a ride to any hotspots, so I do some birding around the yard. Nothing of interest excepted for an Eastern Towhee (White-eyed), a rare subspecies this far inland.

COUNTY YEARLIST-   15


  JAN 3-

         I get to go birding with a friend (JP Moss) early in the morning at Merry Brothers Brickyard Ponds (the best place for ducks in the county.) Unfortunately, IT'S 25 DEGREES OUTSIDE! Despite the cold and our craving for some Waffle House, we amass a fair total of 47 species, including an incredibly late Yellow-throated Warbler and a nice pair of Bonaparte's Gulls. I pick up a good 35 year-birds on the trip! After 3 days, I am 25% complete with my goal!

COUNTY YEARLIST-   50



No comments:

Post a Comment