Friday, March 28, 2014

Snow Day in Richmond Co. 2/12/14

     Sorry, I know I have not posted in a long time. But let's forget all the apologies and get down to business... Now, where were we???.......oh yes, ICEQUAKEPOCALYPSE 2014! The snow/ice back in February brought lots of hungry birds to my yard. I was lucky enough to have this occur during the GBBC. (Great Backyard Bird Count) I spent most of the days trying to get good pics of the birds in the snow. Here are some of them.
Yellow-rumped Warbler

White-throated Sparrow




  
Mourning Dove
Hermit Thrush

Dark-eyed Junco




Chipping Sparrow



Eastern Bluebird




American Goldfinches





House Finches





All of these were cool birds to see, but nothing was cooler than the new yard-bird I got!







FOX SPARROW
FOX SPARROW!!!!!!




Not 1, but 2!



Fox Sparrows




To end the day, this Chipping Sparrow decided to put a smile on its face!




Happy Chipping Sparrow






No new yearbirds, but a great experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment